Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesday Blues

Tuesday was my sad day. I woke up remembering a dream where I got a big hug from Charlie. I really really miss him. I mean, I miss you all, so so much. But I just see pictures of Charlie and even heard his “Hi Ma” on the phone the other day and I feel like he’s getting so big and boyish without me. I just want a hug!
I went to they gym early and then got ready for my “Double V” callback…think oppression with time steps. When I arrived I noticed that nearly every person I saw at the audition the day before had been called back. Interesting. The director and writer were late…I think they might be married. They are really nice people but almost a little bit too laid back and fruity for me. The writer taught us a pretty simple and short “jazz” dance…to be performed in a Harlem scene and then a tap number. Gotta shuffle off to buffalo into persecution. Not to toot my own horn but there were some pretty weak dancers in the groups and I definitely held my own. And yet, I got cut. In some ways I was relieved feeling like I wouldn’t want to be doing a show with this laid-back and fruity company. But no matter what way you look at it, getting cut just doesn’t feel good. They were really nice, yada, yada, and I have a feeling my voice type wasn’t right for the show. But then, I kind of wish they would not have called me back in the first place. There was another audition I was hoping to crash this morning. Oh well! I window shopped a bit on 34th Avenue, briefly considering some retail therapy, before heading home. I abstained and came home and sorted laundry. I did laundry and went on a cleaning rage. I was stuck in the apartment from 2-6 waiting for the cable man to come install my internet so I can reconnect to the world finally! Of course he showed up at about 5:40 and propelled my day further into its sad hole. Adrienne has the TV cable set up by another company so Time Warner can’t supply our internet cable. Great. I wish the lady had asked me about that when I called! I can’t tell you how frustrated I was. I really wanted to cry. This has just been such a nightmare. The good news is that we just signed up for internet cable (why we didn’t think of this weeks ago…I know, good question) through the TV company and all will be well in the world by Friday at 5. I know many worse things have happened to people but it was just not the best day for me. Here’s to better things and discoveries tomorrow!

2 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

Okay. I don't want to be insensitive about the hardships of auditions etc. but honestly (although if your voice type wasn't right they shouldn't have called you back) . . . how was I going to explain your being a tap-dancing soprano in a musical about oppression? Hallelujah. This is one musical in which you did not want to be cast. Seriously.

Charlie misses you too! We went in your room to put clean sheets on today because believe it or not Susie and Craig BOTH slept in your bed Saturday night . . . and he kept saying, "Kkkkkkkuh". He is taking a nap after a lunch of Kraft macaroni dinner and a fresh nectarine that I cut into little cubes I referred to as "peaches". I'm careful never to say the word "pineapple" -- sorry Dole -- he is rejecting pineapple these days.

Keep smiling, Kristen. Good things ahead for you! XO

Lisa said...

I am sorry it was a sad day. We got your postcard in the mail yesterday and when I showed it to Char and said it was from you, his whole face just lit up! He misses you just as much. He is still a little baby too, dont worry. Just a baby with shorter hair ;) That play sounded really funny. Maybe you should have thrown in a few extra "Oy vey's" to really sell it. There's always next time. Love you girl. Your life still sounds fab to me.