Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cleaning up and a new keyboard!

Thursday morning I met up with Heather Gilles (friend from CCM) and her friend Abby (who, on Monday I ran into at Lane Bryant) as well as Heather’s visiting friend Adrienne from Chicago. Heather now lives about an hour north of the city but she brought Adrienne in to go to the Guggenheim. I had hoped to go with them to see the Picasso and del Greco special exhibits but I felt like I had been playing too much this week and needed to practice and do laundry. The four of us met at 3 Guys, a diner on Madison Ave between 88th and 89th. I had actually been there once before with Tawnya and her friend Christina after church during my December visit. The funniest thing was that Heather was really late and by the time we were ready to order the waiter took away our breakfast menus and replaced them with lunch ones! I don’t know if that has ever happened to me before! It was so great to see Heather…she no longer sings but instead is a director and has worked at a bunch of fantastic opera houses. She is brilliant and I know she will be so successful! I have so many great memories of working on our Bellini duets that we did for a Bel Canto program at CCM. Ah.
I walked over to Cornell Medical College to hand deliver my music for Jon. His day job is there and they allow him extreme flexibility for all his Broadway playing gigs. Adrienne offered his help for my “A Little Night Music” audition on Saturday.
I really enjoyed walking down 2nd Avenue. I had never explored it before and it was chalk-full of restaurants that I’m dying to try…including a traditional Brazilian restaurant and Penang, a Malaysian one. Don’t you want to come visit????
I got really excited when I saw the Cornell Hospitals..they are so beautiful and I am so thrilled that Adrienne gets to work for them, starting in one week!
I got soooooooo much done in my room that afternoon….hung up my cute Pottery barn curtains for some wall decoration and cleaned up and did laundry. I was nervous about how that would go but the machines didn’t seem to ruin my clothes…and I love that I was able to do it ALL in about an hour and a half.
The most exciting event on Thursday was the delivery of my keyboard that I found on Craigslist. I got an amazing deal….a Casio MX 1200 which doesn’t mean much to me either except that it has over 200 voices and drum beats and a metronome and it lights up and you can record and there’s even a voice called “choral oohs”….so fun! It’s huge with 76 keys and my room that was looking much too barren is now just right! My keyboard also came with a pedal, a stand and a stool which I’m also using as my vanity stool!!! Carlos, the really nice man I bought it from and a guitarist himself said his daughter no longer was using it but it’s pretty lightly used. Can you believe I got all of that plus home delivery from Brooklyn for only $150. I feel really really thankful1!!!
I made Adrienne meet him with me downstairs just in case Carlos was scary…but he was so nice and there was definitely nothing to worry about.
I had a really nice phone chat with Seri that night and weeped and weeped during Grey’s Anatomy. Whew. I feel like that show is back in the zone after a few rough months.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yes I want to visit :)
I sobbed through all of Grey's, starting when Bailey says she named her kid after george. 40 min straight of crying. Puffy eyes the next day. I loved Callie.I loved Sandra Oh.I actually respected TR and Isaiah's acting a ton tonight. They had a very tender moment, made more amazing by the real life tension.I hate Addisex. It is really upsetting. I love them apart though. I loved "You are a millionaire in $20 shoes!" hahaha
I loved how they were all standing outside in the hall when George had to let his dad go. Amazing.
"You can buy more french toast!" Okay sorry. I heart tv. And your blog.