Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 8...catching up!

Monday started a little later in the morning but I made it to a sculpt class at Equinox and then came home and waited for my dresser from the Pier 1 down the street to be delivered. Amazingly they came in the first half-hour of the delivery window. I love my dresser!!!! It was such an amazing deal…only $120 marked down from $499 (because it was last season’s floor model.) It is so cute, wicker with 6 drawers and two-tone brown. You need to come visit it! Although, I packed so many boxes, the drawers are already full. No room for yours! ☺
I started cooking a Dr. Oz approved dinner and then headed off on a long walk to meet Karim at the Columbus Circle Equinox to return his fancy Paul Smith gloves that I “mistakenly” took home with me the night before. The gloves have cute, cute pink stitching on the softest brown leather…mmm, I wish he didn’t love them more than me. My walk was so fun…I walked nearly 40 blocks on Madison Ave past all the fancy, fancy shops and then along the South side of Central Park. The Time Warner Center is a new addition to the Columbus Circle…I think it’s like a mall, only, like everything else here, fancier. I want to check it out later. I met Karim only to be cajoled into going into another movie with him and a friend that night…so glad I walked an hour to return his gloves with such urgency…anyhooo…I rushed home, finished dinner, and then headed over to the Lincoln Center movie complex….while walking on the West Side I nearly ran into Brian Stokes Mitchell, star of Broadway! He actually kind of glared at me…so much for friendly New Yorkers. We saw “Freedom Writers” with Hillary Swank…I enjoyed my Adrienne-made popcorn and loved reuniting with Keri Marcinko, an amazing soprano I met in Aspen and one of Karim’s closest buds here. Karim and I walked to 86th together on Amsterdam and sang our favorite Christmas carols…just like old times.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are going to wither away to nothing with all that walking!! (*jealous*)
Your life sounds so fun, more more!