Friday, February 2, 2007

Dance what you feel!

The Performing Arts Library behind Lincoln Center was my morning project. Earlier this week I discovered the secret to the West Side train....there's an express from 96th (where I get on) to 72nd (where I get off for dance, Lincoln Center, etc). So great! Well, I arrived at the library with high hopes of pouring through scores and scripts for hours upon hours. Alas, it doesn't open until noon! Ding Dong! (That's the new swear word for #7F) So, instead I went to the Barnes and Noble across the street, read through monologue books, read some magazines, bought some monologue books and a great thin-line Bible to carry in my purse. After trekking my big 'ol Study Bible to church and bible studies and nearly breaking my back, I decided it would be great to have a more compact version of the good book. I got the cutest, leather-bound, NIV Bible and it's perfect for everyday use. You never know how much time you'll have on the crosstown bus to break out a little Isaiah. :)
Anyhoo...I did get to go to the library for about 15 minutes and quickly checked out some plays and got really, really excited for all the fun that is in store in all those shelves! They also have viewing rooms where you can watch all sorts of archived Broadway shows and operas. Can you say music-nerd paradise???
I went to two dance classes. I started off with Scott Thompson's Beginning Theatre Dance...yay for a true beginning class! I didn't feel like as much of an idiot. I then went to Germaine Goodson's Advanced Beginning Broadway-Style Tap Dance. She was so encouraging and fun and never made us do steps alone which makes newbies like me really happy.
I spent the rest of the day practicing, cooking dinner and watching American Idol and Top Chef. I still can't believe Sam didn't get to be in the final 2 and win. He was robbed. Seriously.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that you have this fabulous city life yet still watch Top Chef. Way to be true to your roots.