Monday, January 22, 2007

sittin' and hopin'

Okay...I'm at the gym so this will have to be a quick one! Adrienne already thinks I have issues considering I went to the gym at 8:30 at night. But, we have no internet. And you know how I am about that. Also, I literally sat on my butt today from 9-5 (yes, roll that Dolly Parton song) hoping to get seen for an EPA (Equity Audition) for a summer theatre company in Maine. I was 15th on the EMC list and they got through #7 by about 11 am so I thought I had it in the bag! I went to the MOMA on my lunch break. That gift is soooooooooooooo clutch! I spent my hour on the 4th floor...my new favorite! Jackson Pollock and Mark Rothko and all sorts of other fun and crazy stuff. And then I sat and sat until at 5 pm the monitor announced that we weren't going to be seen!!!! AH! A whole day sitting on my behind. So, that is why I am at the gym. I felt at least I could have one productive item checked off my list. I did write 15 postcards at the audition and did a bit of knitting. I ran into my friend DaRon from Ray of Light Theatre (he sang the Jennifer Hudson Dreamgirls song...if you remember). He was #14 and it was nice to see a friendly face. I also talked to a really nice girl who was also on the EMC list. I was encouraged to hear that she finds a lot of non-equity opportunities here.
I got a killer migraine while I was sitting there...too much flourescent lighting and not enough fresh air, I guess. So when I came home I was grumpy and went into a dark space and sweet Adrienne made delicious dinner. And now I'm here and heading home to take a shower so I can wake up tomorrow (earlier!!!) and do it all again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

DUDE. That blows that you waited all day and got nothing. You show business people are tough! Ugh. How many shows will you need to bypass the non-equity line?