Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New friends and NY pizza!

Today is Saturday and once again I’m catching up. I can’t wait for Tuesday and the nirvana of internet access once again! Ah! I can hear the angels singing already.
I’m right now at DTUT (I’m not sure what the stands for) a cute, cute coffeshop on 2nd Ave between 85th and 84th. Honestly, it’s a bit of a hike with my old school I-Book, not built for hiking the streets of NYC. But…I’m happy to be here and I find in this environment I’m inspired to write.
I officially love Saturdays because of my awesome dance classes at Equinox. First of all, I got to see Gail again in NIA. We are officially friends as well as the instructor’s new favorites. We talked to her after class and she tried to tell us that we had almost reached some next plane and she had to hold us back…..um, okay, whatever. I just loved the workout and shaking my bones with abandonment. Gail and I actually both had the idea to become NIA certified. I could see myself teaching that class more than any other because you don’t have to yell and heaven knows I need to find some day-job ideas! We had several ladies tell us how much they loved our energy in class. Okay…it all sounds a little fruity, I know, but it’s fun, fun! Gail and I exchanged info and we’re going to try to get together soon. She is so nice and said she was a bit of a “yente” and encouraged me that contrary to Adrienne’s depressing diagnosis of us being past our prime, that I was ripe to learn more about myself and get ready for meeting the right one.
After lunch, I hiked over here to DTUT, which honestly was very NYC in clamoring for a seat, and later a seat with a back, and still later, an electrical outlet. Now I can’t seem to stay connected to the wireless and I’m about ready to go.
Adrienne and I are meeting up with Mary’s friend Grace and Grace’s husband Don in the East Village. I’m excited for the possibility of new friends! Yippee!

Okay…we went and met Grace and Don and had yummy, yummy pizza at Lombardi’s. Totally not-whole grain and wonderfully delicious! I also had a glass of Sangria which is a popular NYC menu item. Hoorah! I think I’ve even got Adrienne excited about my White Trash version.

It was nice to find a piece of home in Grace. Even though we’ve never met (although we were at Seri’s wedding together), having that connection with Mary and Seri felt like a great tummy hug. I miss all my girls! Adrienne and I hope to have them over soon for dinner and we heard all about the yumminess that Astoria offers!
When below 14th St. it’s pretty hard to resist a stopover at Trader Joes. We couldn’t resist the dried mangos and whole-wheat staples and we found the shortest lines at that time (9:30) but also a pretty picked-over floor. No celebrity sightings, alas.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I cant believe you see celebrities at Trader Joe's. Hilarious. It kills me to read about you being treated like a 2nd class non-equity citizen. About how many shows will you have to do to raise your status? I also love the opera gossip and insights. Keep it up, all of it!! We miss you. Last night Charlie bumped the entertainment center and a picture frame crashed down right on top of his head. He cried until we put the frame back together. That was his main concern.