Friday, April 27, 2007

not-so-fair lady, delta cake and easter dinner, all over again!

Tuesday was a day full of logistical nightmares. It was the first time I had to transport some serious desserts across town in a subway. Melanie hosted a wonderful southern dinner party for our fellowship group in her lovely country chic midtown apartment. Before the dinner, I had a My Fair Lady national tour audition to attempt, and Melanie was so kind to let me drop my delta cake and creeping crust cobbler off at her house before I headed to Actors Equity. When the non-equity folks were released, I was strangely relieved to not have to fit the audition in an otherwise crazy over-scheduled day. The party was a lot of fun and Melanie's roast was delicious. With her extravagant fruit display and buffet of goodies, Melanie was quite the hostess with the mostest. Rose-Marie led a group of us to an Easter dinner for the homeless that she was helping out at. My new friend Megan came along and we sang some gospel songs to entertain the folks and also had some nice opportunites to chat with them. It was such a nice way to continue celebrating Easter and also to remember how truly blessed I am with the family and home that I'm able to live in. I'm excited to start helping Rose-Marie on a more regular basis with the choir she leads as a homeless ministry. Her heart for people and for God is so amazing and I admire her tenderness and passion so much!
I went home with my heart full and my bags still unpacked for my trip home! And the bad news was that with a 6:30 flight out of JFK, my super shuttle scheduled a 3-3:15 am pick-up!!!! Ah!
Flash forward a few hours and I get a call at 2:41 in the morning!!! Super shuttle was early and at my door. Luckily, I had fully packed and just threw on my pants and went downstairs. I then settled in a short van ride to LGA and then, JFK, where I was dropped off at 3:30, 30 minutes before the airport actually opens. Fully garbed in CA spring attire, I was fffffffrrrrrreeeeeezing and reflected further on the homeless folks I had met the night before, and what little comfort they must feel.
What a lucky girl I was to be headed towards Mom and Charlie's pick-up!

No comments: