Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Good Friday...

The benefit of waiting so long to fill in this blog is that I can’t remember anything before the Good Friday church service. I was excited to meet Jenny at church and especially so because she saved me a seat while I was stuck on a slow cross-town bus. This service was full of worship that brought tears and short reflections by the associate pastors on Jesus as prophet, priest and king. The highlight was a time of meditation accompanied by Louise’s string quartet playing my most favorite of all Beethoven Op. 131 selection. Like the perfect Pinot Noir paired to the choicest dish, this music in that moment of reflection of Christ on the cross was a combination unmatched. The transition from prescribed stillness and silence in our exit to the bubbles of friends uniting and catching up on the street outside was jarring, but indicative of the “alleluias” to come! Jenny and I lingered for a bit looking for friends from her small group to meet for dinner. She was tired and not finding them, we headed to Whole Foods in the Time Warner building for some quick soup. Jenny’s sister Katie is a bona-fide rockstar and I had listened to some of her songs on Jenny’s ipod and loved them! Jenny had been out to visit her in Nashville and returned with my very own Katie Herzig CD! Yay! Check her out on itunes and Myspace....http://www.myspace.com/katieherzig…a little bit of alt-rock, a little bit folksy, very beautiful songs and sounds…my favorite is the one she wrote for Jenny…”Jennylynn.”

No comments: