Sunday, April 1, 2007

All Caught UP!

So, I'm writing this on Sunday night, about Sunday. Wow! So exciting. A night babysitting allows for all sorts of catching up.
This morning I made my walk across the park, dodging dogs of every sort, to church and barely arrived dry. The rain was just about beginning. Palm Sunday wasn't emphasized too much but we had the opportunity to take the Lord's Supper which always makes me thankful I'm back in the Presbyterian fold...where you take the body and blood once a month. Church was great as always and I had fun visiting afterwards with Laura B. and Melanie G. and Phoebe and even Debbie V. My revolutionary hair was a big topic for discussion. I enjoyed again my walk back across the park and spent most of the afternoon cleaning before heading back to the west side to serve in the nursery at the 5 pm service. Oh, I had the most fun! I was first sent to the two year olds but then there were two crying babies and only one pair of arms so I got to hold lil' Cash, who was crying his head off. In a few minutes, he stopped and after some serious rocking and Charlie techniques I got him to fall asleep in my arms. So special. I could have stayed there for hours!
As I write, I'm sitting in Chris and Laura Seals' living room. I'm babysitting for their beautiful and adorable girls, Tressa and Ellie. Chris and Laura were campus ministry leaders for a few years while I was at Rice. I literally ran into Laura a few weeks ago outside a subway station in midtown, and only then, because I was talking to Nicole Franklin on the phone and didn't want to go underground just yet. I ended up taking the train uptown with Laura that night and we discovered that we literally live across the street from eachother. Ever since then we've been trying to get together for dinner and it hasn't worked out. Finally tonight, I was able to help out and babysit. It's so wonderful to be in their home and to be around their sweet family. I get so focused on myself and my schedule and my budget and my needs it seems and I love disolving all those concerns and feeling like I get to be the church for these friends, while they get out for a movie!
And so I'm all caught up on this silly blog! Thanks for your patience for these last couple of weeks of posts that took so long to get up. I see auditions dying down...I hope I'll continue to be able to bring insight and humor, not to mention celebrity sightings in the pages to come!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You ARE the baby whisperer.

sharpstowninthecity said...

i learned everything i know from char.

inkblots said...

Sounds like the nursery and babysitting was somewhat of a refresher after your whirlwind week!