Sunday, February 11, 2007

Late night #2...

Friday I tried to sleep in with little success but definitely started slowly. I spent the morning finishing my Valentines and shopping for last minue additions to Charlie's box (okay, I guess it's not going to be a surprise.) Surprise! I had an interesting trip to the post office where an old man was flirting viciously with the girl behind me. At first, he seemed sweet and harmless, "how did I get so lucky to hit the post office behind a beautiful blonde" but his comments grew salty and rude. It was a taste of the weirdos that clearly are all around!
I did a bunch of cleaning in the afternoon and had a practice in the apartment breakthrough....I was able to sing full out with abandon for the first time. Jessie and Karim had given me a pep talk the night before, telling me I didn't need to worry about the neighbors...this is how the city works!
I went to the gym for a quick workout and then made us some whole-wheat pizza for dinner. That Trader Joes crust is just the best...except, note to self, don't forget to flour the pizza stone before baking. Eeek.
Ali had invited me to a party that night at her friend Melissa's place near Columbia. Adrienne and I headed over there around 9:45 to learn how to play "The Village." It's a game where everyone has different roles and you are trying to kill wherewolves and decide who is telling the truth. We had fun and met some true characters and once again, left there around 1:30 in the morning. Two nights in a row of being up way past my bedtime!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am confused about the Village but very excited for Charlie's valentine. You are too sweet.

Yay on singing super loud in your apartment!!!!!!