Thursday, March 29, 2007

oh soooooooooo behind!

Okay, let's see how many hours it takes to get caught up...I'll go day by day and i'll aim to keep it short.
The short story is that since i returned from CA, life has been CRAZY with lots of auditions and shows to see, etc.

I had a wonderful, wonderful visit to CA and managed to pack in lots of friends, a hike at Rancho San Antonio, visits to Highway and La Bodeguita, and of course precious time with the family. I have an amazing video of Charlie singing his "ABCs" at the park. After he finished I said, "I love you, Charlie" and he repeated back to me, "I wuv you, Charree." I said "I love you Charlie" one more time to which he melted me with his, "I know."

Such sweet times (and boys!) were hard to leave behind but I hopped on the plane and had a great and easy flight to JFK. JFK is a bit further from Manhattan and you can take a cab for $45 flat or you can be frugal like me and wait for Super Shuttle for an hour after you arrive only to take another $17 shuttle because they never show up. I told the driver my address, E. 95th Street and he repeated it back in a thick accent. I slid into the back seat next to a German model and an Italian clothes designer who had just met and were already fast friends. I was glad to have their entertaining conversation to eavesdrop on...it was a long ride. The driver went over the George Washington Bridge and dropped off the first guy on E. 60th. At the time, I wondered if he would drop me off next or save me for the end. As he headed downtown I realized that I was going to be last in a line of about 8 stops. The bright side of this midnight ride was that I got to see so much of NYC and connect geographically the places I had seen at one point or another. I'd like to think of it as my free tour of the tourist districts. Near the end of the journey, around Chelsea, the driver turned to me and said, "East 25th, right?" OH NO!!!! He then proceeded to accuse me of telling him I was headed to E. 25th. Now, what would be my motivation in telling him the wrong address? I mean, the free tour was great and all, but it was nearing 1 am!!!! He said some choice words, I'm sure, in his language before lecturing me about how I would have been the first drop-off, I should be sleeping by now, yada yada yada.
A hearty welcome to NYC!

No comments: