Thursday, March 29, 2007

Magic day of auditions

After the heart-ache of Thursday's misses I was due for some good audition karma, if there is such a thing! I was first in line for the Maine State EPA and in about 20 minutes made it up and back to sign up for an audition at Shetler Studios. I got to sing around 10:30 and got called back for their internship program...17 weeks in coastal Maine and 17 EMC points! But, there was something in their handbook about cleaning toilets....the things we do for those EMC points. I was stoked to get 2 callbacks in one week! Yay!
I then took the train to the Upper West Side at another theatre within a church, this one for the equity national tour of "My Fair Lady." I literally got seen right away and even though I told my pianist the cut I wanted he played the whole song for me...oh well! I'm feeling like "Somebody, Somewhere" is definitely my new jam. It's in a really comfortable place. Yay!
I left with my "thank you very much" and headed back downtown for another non-equity summer stock audition. Again, I literally got to sing right away, and I did my new jam and got some nice compliments and nothing else. But 3 auditions down by 12:30...amazing!!! I love my life!
I was on such a roll that I decided it might be a good idea to prepare for my Sunday dance call for Maine State by attempting another dance call that afternoon. I headed over to Equity where I ran into Annie P, my dancer-friend from elementary school. We had fun stretching and waiting before being turned away at 3:30. Alas, it couldn't be a perfect day.
I went to Trader Joes not thinking that Friday afternoon would be such a horrible time to navigate that mess. It was, but hey, the things I do for that Kashi cereal. (On a side note, tonight, 3/29, Adrienne took me to Eli's this really, really fancy grocery store and they sell my cereal for $5.99....$2.49 at TJs....isn't that crazy???)
I was so, so, so tired from my crazy 3 days of auditions following nights of little sleep that I couldn't do anything, not even blog on Friday night. I literally sat in a stupor watching "Miss Usa" with Adrienne and Jon.

No comments: