Sunday, May 6, 2007

Walking in the moments...

I walked by a few neat moments today:
1st, I barely made it across the park to church because of the 5-borough bike tour that was passing by.
2nd, On my way back to the East Side after church, I couldn't cross 5th Avenue because of some sort of huge Jewish/Pro-Israeli parade. I especially enjoyed a Jewish rapper on one of the floats. I was happy to find a subway station to cross under and I'll definitely be tucking that secret in tight, as I hear that now that spring is sprung, parades and 5th Avenue tie-ups are common.
3rd, After an orientation for working in the nursery at church I was walking down 3rd Avenue and just as I passed a French brasserie, Bar Julien, the entire crowd there errupted with joy at the news of the presidential victory.
Walking home with these 3 moments savored, I tasted once again why I love living here. Because sometimes, lately, I get sick of the crowds and the attitudes. But moments, they're pretty special.

In other news, I rearranged the furniture in my room and even did a little cleaning.
We just got home from dinner and tasti-D with Sarah and Eric. We went to an Italian restaurant a few blocks down whose awkward service kind of made us feel like the restaurant helps short-bus waiters find a job. That's not nice. I should erase that sentence. Maybe I will later.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Dont erase it. Made me laugh. hahahahhahahahaha. I have a friend whose husband rode in the 5 borough tour! Miss you ;)

Cheryl S. said...

So I must not be a long bus ... because I had never heard that expression. Wish you could have seen Charlie laughing as he bounced around in the "bounce house" yesterday after church. It was "open house" Sunday to invite people from the community to see our remodel and there was an inflated slide, climbing wall etc. out in the parking lot. He couldn't actually jump in the house, but he really enjoyed the action and managed not to get squashed by the bigger kids jostling him around. Miss you.