Friday, May 4, 2007

Dancing in the streets

Friday! Yay! There were no fun or even eligible auditions today so I took the opportunity to go to Nia and a tap dance class. I just read an article in Backstage that said that Nia is a really great excercise class for actors. Well, yes, of course! Today was all about bringing the body out. When I fully commit to the silly directions in that class, I get really lost in the movement and it's an AMAZING workout. But I have to dive into the pool. Just yesterday, Laura was giving me that advice in my coaching, to dive into each song and when I do...wow, what an amazing experience and joy! So Nia is helping me rehearse that feeling while I sweat it out!
I walked across the park on this perfect spring day and took a few pictures of amazing pink-blossomed trees. I made it to Steps and took Scott T's tap class...I definitely feel like I'm improving but pullbacks across the floor still made me want to disappear.
Late in the afternoon I met up with two friends from the women's retreat, Ji and Corinne. They are sweet, sweet girls that live in Staten Island so I haven't seen them since the retreat but Jenny has kept up with them and even visited. We hung out at a Starbucks near the Empire State Building before Jenny met us and we meandered around Chelsea. I ran into an audition "friend" who gave us a great recommendation for sushi, a place called Mamayo on 21st and 7th. Shumai, Edamame, California Rolls, Veggie tempura....yum and yum.
Jenny and I hopped on a train back and here I am, all caught up on my blog. Day 1. Can't you feel a brand new day?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Shumai at a Japanese restaurant? WOW! I had Char su bau at work this week ;) I have no idea what you mean about diving in to your dance classes, but it sounds scary and like something I want to see. Ha!