Monday, May 7, 2007

Back in action...

I got back on the audition saddle today. Went traipsing around all the usual haunts and found that I totally misjudged the crowds. I could have slept in a bit. I could have done an arm workout at the gym. I could have made myself coffee before I left my houst at 6:15. But instead, I was in midtown by 7:45, racing around, for no real reason.
I sang for an Illinois dinner theatre who is doing "White Christmas." There pianist was a no-show and I ended up waiting 2 hours to sing to only be asked if I had anything much more belty. I answered an honest no and was sent away.
I then went to the Disney Cruise Line audition and had my first time of singing with Laura B. on the keys. It made me nervous. I really want to do her proud, you know? I sang "De-Lovely" because I had no idea what to sing. I was not called back and that entire experience took over 3 hours...for those 16 de-lovely measures of music.
And of course, since I left the house in such a rush I left my cell-phone behind and managed to miss about 5 calls, including a one-time job opportunity to do some Verizon promotions at tomorrow's Yankee's game for Carrie's boyfriend, Justin. Ah, next time!
I went on my first match.com date. I was not looking forward to it, dreading in fact, and deciding just to join a convent after all. I stopped by Jenny's office on my way to the bar where I was meeting him. She gave me a nice pep talk as she is a veteran of the match.com where she says "people who have no business getting together meet." Ah, funny. This initial meeting was friendly and easy and we'll see if it happens again. I'll save whatever not-so-juicy details for off-line.
I came home and had my special pb powder and dark chocolate popcorn for dinner. And I really ought to pack my gym bag and get my head together for my day of audition fun tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back in action, indeed! What a rough day! I'm sorry for your sad audition experiences and hope there were some better ones today!
Hmmm. Not so juicy details? Very curious! Good job on trying out match and being brave! :) Miss you! I'm glad you started blogging again!