Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Phantom and cleaning up!

Thursday I begrudgingly woke up after far too few hours of sleep. I dragged myself to the gym to try to trick my internal clock into believing I could actually sing an audition. It worked! I went to the Equity Building expecting to be turned away from the chorus call for "The Phantom of the Opera" but shockingly, every Non-Eq girl was able to sing! I had almost bagged the whole thing in the morning, assuming the worst, and I was so thankful I went for it. I hung out with Kat which was so fun. I will miss her most of the summer. She'll be in NYC while I'm in PA and by the time I'm back she'll be in CT doing "Joseph." The audition went well, I think, as they asked me what else I would sing as well as asking about my time in Lucca. Yay! I was able to fit in a coaching with John R., my acting teacher, on Mrs. Darling. I met him at his house near Central Park and 108th St. He is such a genius and gave me so many great ideas to work with on my character. Time and money well-spent! I headed up to Inwood and got the cheapest $18 mani-pedi in NYC while I waited for Jenny to get off work. She was headed home to show me her apartment. After a lot of prayer and discussion with the parents, I've decided to move up there in September. I really like the area and I'll have so much more space and be able to sustain myself better financially. I ended up spending some time walking around Isham Park where I saw lots of little ones playing....there are two big parks in Inwood! Yay! Jenny and I went down to 79th and Broadway after the tour where we met up with Adrienne. The three of us walked to the 79th St. Boat Basin Cafe which is only open during the summer. So cute but so hopping and we ended up walking along the Hudson for another idea of where to eat. Along the way, I ran into Arthur, a friend from Rice, who had just gotten married that weekend. They were watching the sunset as part of their honeymoon so I tried not to interrupt for too long! We ended up walking and walking and finally settled on a little Southwestern restaurant called, "Santa Fe." I was excited for Adrienne and Jenny, my two girls, to finally meet!
Adrienne and I came home and watched our favorite summer guilty pleasure, "So you think you can dance?" Love it!

Friday I spent all morning and afternoon cleaning and clearing my room. I was really stressed out most of the day, feeling an ulcer begin to form from the combined stresses of packing, cleaning, laundry, tying up loose ends, a 2nd date that night and most of all needing to talk to A about my plans to move out in the fall. There were some bright spots in the day and evening, including A's meticulous design of my date wardrobe and make-up but it definitely ended on a sorrowful note.

No comments: